HEHE! If you can't remember your username and password, I guess you cannot post a new message. Well I finally figured it out so here is another creative entry into our blog.
In our next adventure we are attempting to raise chickens. I guess when you live in Hooper for more then two years then you need to start aclamating to the farmer life. So we are now the proud parents of 12 chickens and 2 turekeys(Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner :) We have had them in the garage for the last five weeks getting them ready to go into the real world. They have all gotten their feathers now, so we have started building their new coop. We have all of the outside done and are now putting in the nesting boxes. We are to the point of getting the roosting perch up and putting the hay down on the floor. It is raining today, so it looks like we will have to finish this product closer to the weekend. I will attach photos when it is done. Anyone want some eggs? They won't start laying until September or October but we could get up to 2400 eggs a year. Scrambled, fried, poached, egg salad, cakes, omelets, dunky, egg casserole, souffle................................. Sounds like Forest and his shrimp boat buddy, Bubba.
Kamryn just turned two. Can you believe it my baby is two. Quite an adventure it has been. She is chatting up a storm and her favorite thing is to watch the horses from our back window. Everytime we go somewhere the only way to calm her down is to play eye spy for horses.
Maddyson is in the school opera. She is playing one of the lead roles as the mother of the main character. She is so excited. She is also performing tonight at Abravanel Hall. Only three elementarys in the state get to perform at tonights performance and their school is one of them. I am one of the lucky moms who gets to ride in the bus with them. WOOHOO! 120 kids all the way to Salt Lake. We should be home around 10 o'clock and just in time for me to go to bed.
Jaedyn is doing great. She is very excited for summer. She just had to have a molar extracted and a spacer put in, and while they were in their they noticed that the molar behind it had also been affected so they had to do a root canal on it. She has bounced back quickly but looks quite different since she is also missing the two top front teeth.
Graycen is just as full of is as ever. She is four now and is ready to start preschool in the fall. We went and took a tour of the classroom and now it is even more fun for her. She can't stop talking about it and asking when she finally gets to go. I am excited for her to go so that she can form other social interactions.
All of the girls have their dance recital next Saturday, so I will see if I can get pictures posted for you to see. I think this is enough for this post, but I will post again so you can see our adventures with our chickens.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea! The wait is over! Was beginning to wonder if you'd flown the coop. Now I know you have!
Post a Comment